9/21/2007

Spirit Day

Go Lancers!

Yeah, today was Spirit Day. That means that if you're proud of your High School (and most kids are) you wear the school colors (L'Anse Creuse: blue and white) or school shirts (e.g. fan shirts from the basketball team, the football team and so on...). So I wore my bluest blue-jeans ;) and a white shirt, and last night I painted my nails blue and white. Today in Chemistry, all the kids who wore Spirit stuff got candy... yummy!
Okay, the last time I wrote was Monday... wow, it didn't seem that long to me! So what has happened so far this week...
Well, as I told you I got a 100% in the Precalc class. Something really funny happened because of that... umm... remember the guy who sat next to me during the Junior assemblies on the first day of school? If not, you can go to the entry of September 4th and reread that story... What I didn't notice was that he's in my Precalc class! So when we had gotten our quiz back on Monday, people started correcting it or going up to Mr Curtis to ask him questions and the people who were done correcting did problems from the book. Suddenly, the guy from the Junior assemblies came over (that's when I noticed he's in one of my classes... oops!). He asked me whether I could help him with some of the mistakes he had made on the quiz and so I explained the problems to him. The next day, before the class started, he came over again to talk to me. His English is perfect, he's not foreign or an exchange student at all ^^ and he got the typical US-name Rob. Well, that's how you can make wrong conclusions ;)
We talked again yesterday, he kind of can't believe why I'm doing an exchange year, he seemed very impressed and said "That's crazy!" over and over again :D and he asked me where my family was, I'm life "Well... in Germany?!" "What?? You're here alone, with no family?" "Umm, I have a family here, my host family..." ... ... ... "That's CRAZY!"
It was funny... and he's nice. We didn't get to talk today though.
I've also been talking to Katie more recently. She's one of the girls I sit with at lunch and she's in my Chemistry class. We did an activity in class together and talked after that... She's taking German, did I write that already? (By the way, Rob has just started German this year) I've also been talking to Heather, another girl from my Chem class, a little. She's a junior and on the swimming team.
Oh, and I finally got a list of all the clubs and activities at L'Anse Creuse. It kind of disappointed me though. The only things that might be interesting are the drama club (well, I'm already in it but it'll still take a while until they start with building the scenery and stuff like that, the stuff I'd like to participate in...), the German club (haha that would be fun... but Katie told me that that's not really a very active club, they meet every now and then but you don't have to come to the meetings and so on... well, I might try it though), the Voices staff (I'm not exactly sure what that is but Sheila and I both believe it's some kind of student newspaper) and the Broadcast and Media Club. I have to take a look at the sports list again and I want to ask Katie whether there's any instrument on the marching band that I might be able to play without having played it before (maybe some kind of drums, stuff like that...) because I think that joining the marching band would be a lot of fun. It is huge, I'd probably get to know many people in there. So, after doing these two things I'll finally make a decision on what to join. I want to DO something!! (besides school, although school's taking pretty much all my time already but I mean - all the kids here handle school AND activities ;) so why shouldn't I?)
Yesterday I went to a football game with Sheila - L'Anse Creuse against L'Anse Creuse North, Courtney cheered. The Freshmen Lancers lost badly and it was very hot outside (it's getting a lot warmer again... not sure if I like it...). Tonight's gonna be the Varsity Lancers/North game. Courtney has to sell Lancer tattoos with some other cheerleaders there, I don't know if I'll go yet.
Today we got our first grade sheet in Chemistry. I'm doing reeeeally good :)))
Tomorrow, Sheila and Doug are hosting a dinner with friends of them. They have these dinners with those people 4 times a year and everytime another couple hosts it. I think tomorrow they're doing a French dinner. We kids will go down into the basement and have a fun TV night.

And we'll be eating yummy PIZZA!!!!! :)

No comments: