9/06/2007

And School goes on

I'm tired.

The 2nd and 3rd day of school, which were yesterday and today, were good. In CP Chemistry, we finished our little game and started to prepare a lab yesterday that we did today. I'm not quite sure yet what that has to do with Chemistry because it was finding out what was in a box without opening or damaging it...
In US History, we got our HUGE and HEAVY books yesterday. Today, we summarized the most important facts about the Civil War very quickly and then we started with our current topic, the West.
In my 3rd hour, drafting, we started drafting little geometric figures we got from the teacher which means measuring them and then draw them from 3 different views. That was easy and somehow boring... and the guys sitting around me annoyed me because they wouldn't work but have stupid conversations the whole time.
When I entered the cafeteria for lunch yesterday I just stayed by the doors a little while and then went through the rows of tables and just asked 3 nice-looking girls whether they'd mind if I sit with them. They didn't. Their names are Britney (Sophmore), Katie (Sophmore) and Cassy (Junior, and I have no idea whether I'm spelling her name right) and they are all in marching band. I told him that I'm a German exchange student and we talked a little. Today, I sat with them again. I will just ask them everytime whether I can sit with them again for another week or so, I would like to sit with them all semester but I don't want to annoy them. I hope they could be possible new friends, they seem really really nice. Today, I met two more friends of them. One of them is in my Chemistry class.
Writing Workshop isn't really a class to enjoy. Sure, Ms Wolff is nice but I really don't like the majority of the kids in there (they keep disturbing the lesson so that you can't concencrate on anything) and until now the work seemed way too easy. If it doesn't get much harder soon I'll definitely consider a schedule change. Hopefully that'll still be possible then.
Pre Calculus kind of shocked me yesterday. I had brought my old Math book from Germany to the class and wanted to show it to Mr Curtis after the hour so that he could tell me whether I should rather be in AP Calculus or not but went the lesson started, I didn't understand a word of what he was talking about. It took me half of the hour to get an idea (only because he started writing equations that I understood on the board) and then I started finding out what the words he said stand for. Anyways, I decided to not show him my Math book. If I have a few troubles understanding Pre Calculus, I definitely shouldn't be in AP Calculus. The homework was surprisingly easy though and today I could very the lesson pretty well and again got easy homework. We're doing functions, something I've already done. I have to look through the book, if I have already done all of that, I might be able to change to AP Calculus anyways... oh my god, that is all so confusing.
In Drawing class, we looked at drawings yesterday because Ms Ritchie wanted to show us how artists work with lines to express emotions. Today, we started our first assignment: everyone has to draw 5 line drawings that express anger, fear, movement, happiness and one self-chosen thing. We can use different kinds of pencils, charcoal, black crayons or ink. I did my movement drawing today and almost finished my anger drawing. Sitting next to Ben is still fun, today he complained about his parents not letting him play video games all day (well...) and became very frustrated when Ms Ritchie told him all his lines looked the same and he should variate them. Poor guy!
After school yesterday I did my Chemistry and Pre Calc homework, tidied up my room, did my chores and went to Wall Mart with Sheila, her friend and Courtney to buy some more school things.
Today I've so far tidied up my room, done my chores and did my Pre Calc homework.
Tomorrow is Career Day. That means that in every class the teachers will talk about class-related career opportunities. That's going to be an easy day.
Oh, and I'll be getting a cellphone soon. Courtney had told me before that I'd need one because everyone owns one and now Sheila talked to me about that, too. She said she'd feel better if I was always reachable, exspecially when I'm somewhere on my own or with friends. So I talked to my dad about it, and he said it's okay.

Well, I guess I'm getting more and more settled!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huhu meine Süße,
klingt ja alles spannend mit der Schule und ich hoffe, zwischen Dir und den "nice girls", die Du beim lunch getroffen hast, entsteht eine nette Freundschaft. Die Mathe-Stunde muss am Ende wie ein "Aha-Erlebnis" gewesen sein. So, wie Du berichtest, scheint Dir alles viel Freude zu machen, das ist toll!
Weiterhin viel Spaß!
Deine Mama

Elvi said...

Hallo Maria,
langsam wird's schwierig für mich alles zu übersetzen. Aber ich habe zumindestens herausgelesen dass alles recht aufregend für Dich ist und Du Spaß hast. Manchmal hab ich Glück und kann über Google Deine Seite aufrufen und es mir übersetzen lassen, aber z. Zt. klappts irgendwie nicht. Aber mein erster Aufruf morgens im Büro bleibt "Maria in Michigan". Also dann bis bald und weiterhin eine schöne Zeit.
Liebe Grüße Elvi (und von Oma auch)