9/12/2007

School, Cellphone and Area Rep

Ewww it's getting actually COLD :/

School goes on - in CP Chemistry, we had a quiz about the scientific method today. It wasn't too hard, I think I did most things right. In US History, we're talking about the West, the fight against the Native Americans and the building of the railroads and we have a test next week. In Drafting, we started drawing letters (hooow exciting...), complete easy little drawings and measuring lines (this feet and inch thing totally confuses me!). I still don't really like Writing Workshop, we're talking about nouns at the moment (didn't I do that back in elementary school?) and we have a vocabulary quiz on Friday. I like Precalculus. We're still doing things I've already done but the teacher explains fast and only the important things. He expects us to be self-dependent in our learning which is pretty cool. In Drawing, we finished our drawings, had our critique about it and today we started a new drawing (we can choose one of two plants to draw, still line drawing, still about expressing moods with lines).
During lunch, I still sit with the same girls. They are nice and really funny.
On Monday, I spent most of the day doing my Precalc homework, it was so much! Yesterday, my cellphone arrived. It is SWWWWEET (it's black ;) )! In the afternoon, my area representative came over for the first time. She is very nice and funny. First, she talked to Doug and Sheila for a while and then she talked to me in my room. She asked me how I felt, some of the typical YFU questions (what to you hope to get from this, ...) and kind of repeated the whole YFU handbook with me... briefly ;) It was nice talking to her, she is going to talk to me once a month and visit me every other month.
Ooooh and another cool thing happened - Courtney and I finally figured out which bus is ours! We went home from school by bus on Monday and have gone to school and back home by bus since then. The bus lady is very nice, she picks us up and drops us off directly in front of the house!

What a luxury ;) (come on, be jealous you poor busriders in Germany!)

No comments: