9/23/2007

Lancer Game, French Dinner and Homecoming Picnic

God job, Maria... you got hot fudge stains on your jeans.

I went to the Lancer game with Courtney and her two cheerleading friends Alexis and Amanda on Friday. Well, we lost... but the game was still okay. During halftime, the marching band played. It was AMAZING. I was so impressed by the show. Katie told me they'll have competitions soon - I'm sure they'll win a lot of prizes. Wow, they are good!
Doug and the boys came over for the second half so I sat with them because Courtney and her friends had some boys stuff going on... I didn't really get all of it. I met Katie and this other guy from my Chemistry class (... I KNEW his name... at... some point... argh) when they came back from their show and sat down at the benches. I said hi and told them how good they'd been. Oh my gosh, now I'm even more scared of trying to get into the marching band ^^... well, you can always try. I'll ask Katie about it tomorrow.
Yesterday Sheila cleaned the whole house for the quests who came last night. I helped her cleaning and did my homework and in the afternoon, we went to church. I still like that a lot. I mean, going to church... it's so different from the few services I attended back in Varel at the Schlosskirche. I definitely didn't like those, it was just boring.
After church, the guests arrived. We kids went down into the basement, had pizza and Cheetos, watched TV or - in my case - read. Upstairs, the adults had their French dinner - six courses! After every course, Courtney and I came up to clear the table for them and do the dishes (we got paid for that ;) ) and we got the chance to try some of the yummy leftover stuff. The desert was delicious! It was a nice night, everyone had fun in their own ways, I finished my book... (a really good book, "The Truth About Forever" by Sarah Dessen... I borrowed it from Courtney) The guests left around 1 am and we all went to bed.
Today, I called Christian around noon. It was our first phone conversation in English... first, that felt kind of awkward but as soon as I found my way back into fluent English, is was just as easy as talking in German :) (maybe even easier because I didn't have to change from English to German and back again). We didn't get to talk a lot though because he had to do his chores at 12, so I'm going to call him again tonight after dinner.
In the afternoon, we went to St. Thecla's homecoming picnic. It was at the little kids' school. From 3 to 4.30 pm, Courtney volunteered at the ice-cream stall. It was stressy first, then we didn't have anything to do for a couple of minutes but as soon as Sheila brought us burgers, we of course had a lot to do again so we couldn't eat them until we were done. Well, the ice-cream job is also where I got these stains on my jeans... Sheila soaked them already, it'll probably go out.
Outside there was a book flea market. Adult hard cover books were 2$, adult paperback covers 1$ - so of course I went for it! I got 6 books for 6$ which look as if they're new. It's all crime and thriller stuff... 2 John Grisham books, 2 books of a guy called Jonathan Kellerman which seem to be really good...I also found a Ken Follet book there but I already knew that one so I didn't buy it.
Well, I got to go and study for Chemistry a little (we have a test tomorrow) and finish my drawing for Drawing class (we're drawing shoes right now, it's fun... we did hand drawings before, I didn't know I could do such good hands! You can really learn a lot from Mrs Ritchie...)...

Oh, by the way... I added a new list down on the right.

Have a good Sunday night (well, most of you will be in bed already)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I LOVE your list!

Anonymous said...

Huhu,
ja, ich mußte stellenweise auch herzlich lachen: "the neighbors are watching you". Und soll ich Dir noch ein paar Eimer Make-Up nachsenden, so für alle Fälle???
HDGGGGGGGGGDMSL!!!
Mama