9/09/2007

Career Day, followed by the Weekend

The weekends really run as soon as school has started.

Career Day on Friday was okay. In some classes, we did some kind of tests that should tell us what kind of jobs are best for us. It didn't really tell me something new, all my results told me that I should be an engineer. Well, that's what I'm most probably gonna do anyway. In other classes, we watched little interviews with people who have a class-related job. Not that informative because those jobs were mostly those weird, special jobs you wouldn't really consider right for you.
I sat with the same girls at lunch again and talked with them a little. Friday night, Sheila, Courtney and I went to the varsity football game at L'Anse Creuse after dinner. We had missed the first half but got there right in time to see the marching band play. However, I wasn't able to recognize Britney or Katie because the band is so big!
Yesterday, we went to church for the 4 pm mass (Sheila's mom joined us) and afterwards we all went to Courtney's friend Ashley's house. Their house is so amazing, it is huge, the rooms are so neat, their kitchen is beautiful and they have a big pool and a hot tub outside.
Besides us, Ashley's friend Lauren and later Meaghan, who is a Junior like me, and her parents were there.
Ashley's mom ordered pizza and while waiting for it we had other delicious snacks (chips and salsa, cheese and crackers, cream cheese with fruit, candy, brownies, cup cakes, ...). Ashley was so funny, she wanted me to say things in German and became so excited about it. I was with the other girls all the time, we talked, listened to music and joined the women in the hot tub when it got dark outside. Meaghan is so nice! She goes to Regina High School and went to Europe this summer. She also went to Germany. She told me about these casual dances she often goes to with her friends and that they are once a month. The next is next Friday and she said I could go there with her and meet her friends. I'm so looking forward to it! She gave me her number, her cell phone number and her email adress so we can figure that out. Yay! It really was a fun evening.
Today was a pretty lazy day. Since we went to church yesterday, I could sleep in. I did my homework after I had showered, eaten breakfast, done my chores and tidied up my room and after homework, I spent most of the day reading.
Tomorrow I have to get up early again... so I got to go now.

Pack my lunch!

No comments: