11/19/2007

What's New

3 days left until Thanksgiving... :)

So on Thursday, I stayed after school with Amy and Marina to help them with Precalculus stuff. We had our test on Friday. Marina gave me a ride home after that. I really like her, she's so nice! And I love her accent, it sounds so cool.
The weekend was pretty lazy again. I had enough time getting my chores done and I spent a lot of time practising my flute and the piano. It's nice to have some time for that stuff again, but I think I'm ready for some action again now! I can't wait until Mr Kosi splits up the Jazz Band. I really want to become a piano player in one of the Jazz Bands. On Saturday, Courtney and I went shopping with Sheila. We got 2 big turkeys for Thanksgiving and most of the ingredients for the cake I'm gonna make. It'll be a Rocher-cake.
Yesterday in the afternoon, Courtney and I went down into the basement do play DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). That game is SO much fun! I've played it once before that, with Rob, and I sucked ^^ so yesterday we started on the easy stuff. For those in Germany who don't know this game (I think we have it over there but I was never really aware of how much fun it is): You have this kind of dance mat with 4 arrows on it (up, down, right, left) and you stand on it facing the screen. You select one of the songs from the disc and how difficult you want it to be, and then the song starts and you have to step on the arrows shown on the TV screen. We were having so much fun!
Last night, Sheila, Courtney and I went to mass at St. Claud's where we also had our monthly Youth Group meeting. Again, there weren't a lot of teens there but more than last time. I really need to talk to some people and get them going there. It could be so much fun if we were a couple more people. This time, a Freshman girl who's also in L'Anse Creuse band was there, her name's Elizabeth. She looked at me and was like "I think I've seen you before..." but I didn't recognize her at first. But when we went on talking and finally got to the band topic we realized that we're both in band and then I actually remembered her. Man, I knew I was bad at names but I'm usually good at remembering faces... I'm getting old I guess.
Today was alright. I love my first hour because I can talk to Keith and Katie. In Precalc, we got our test back and I stayed in my seat. I really start hating that seat, it's like right in the corner buy that frickin cupboard with that frickin turkey picture on it... and now Gary and that other guy.. dang it... Nick? are gone, they doesn't sit next to me anymore. So that'll make it even more boring. But still Precalc is pretty much my most interesting class because I learn a lot.
Band was just HILARIOUS today. As usually since I got my flute, Aubrey and I were in one of those tiny, weird smelling practise rooms and she taught me how to play the flute. That's always a lot of fun with Kyle (he's learning the baritone, did I tell you that before?) and his "teacher"... erm... whatshisface... Billy?! or something... in the practise room next to us and Brian always walking around being bored... that often ends up in funny situations (Billy - I'm just going to call him that for now - hanging on doors or his face pressed against those little windows in the doors, Brian randomly walking into the room, making some unhelpful comments - "I'm so bored!" - or filming my embouchure :D or, well, just things like that). But today was extraordinarily funny :D okay here's the story:
I was playing and Mr Hilton looked into the room... first thing he said was "Watch your embouchure Maria, it has to be a lot smaller!", then he gave Aubrey some tips on how to teach me that, and then, almost out the door, he said "Oh, but, Maria, you're already actually playing! That's awesome!" ... Thanks! Yea, that's our dear Mr Hilton :P Criticism first, that takes you further... I like that attitude though.
Oh well, but than Aubrey wanted to show me that How-You-Know-Your-Embouchure-Is-Right trick (you kinda try to see you breath on the mouthpiece after playing a long note, and the shape tells you whether your embouchure is right) but it didn't work. So she's like "Oh yea, that works better like, outside, when it's really cold...." Silence... "HOLD ON! It IS really cold outside! LET'S GO OUTSIDE!" and so we went outside, stayed by the door to keep it open (once you're outside, you don't get back into the school... protection of the students and all that stuff), waited until my flute was cold and then I did the embouchure trick. It worked, and I actually got it right like once or twice ^^ and people in the back parking lot were watching us and the guys were coming from inside, all bored looking and wondering what we had so much fun about :P So then, we went back inside. Of course now, our flute were too cold to play them. So, we had to warm them up again and we did that by pressing all keys down and just blowing warm air through them. That reminded me of my first aid course in summer, so I told Aubrey and we both started laughing and then we were telling each other about our first aid courses and we were in tears from laughing :D just sitting there in that tiny little smelling room...it was so hilarious... Took us a while to get back to work xD Oh my god I can still laugh about it...
Well, so my life's still fun over here :) hope everyone else is doing good, as well?
I better go to bed now.
I wonder how Keith did on his Chemistry test, he had to retake it today because he was in New York when we took it. I met him after sixth hour when he went there, he seemed pretty nervous.

Alright, good night! Flute players ROCK :D

No comments: