11/14/2007

One Week 'til Thanksgiving :)

I'm so excited about that :) (FOOOOD!)

This week has been nice and lazy so far. We had a Chemistry test yesterday and got our score today (97%, yay) and we have a Precalculus test on... Friday I believe. School's pretty easy though, at the moment I hardly have any homework (and if I do, I get it done in school), I don't really have to study for the tests a lot because the whole school system here is just so easy and I understand everything. Drafting isn't as boring anymore because Mr Caldwell put me on one of the computers... and everybody who's working on the computer is doing other things we're not really supposed to do besides that... the guys are playing games, I'm checking my mails and writing mails and every now and then, I go on with my drawing for a while. So I still get my work done. Mr Caldwell doesn't really care most of the time.
Writing Workshop has become less horrible - I actually found someone to talk to in that class! Her name's Marina and she moved here from Russia last year, so we understand each other about getting-involved-problems in a really cool way. She's so nice.
I'm practising the flute during band class everyday, supervised and supported by Aubrey. It's fun to have her as a flute teacher. And I think I am kind of getting better, though I'm still terrible on the flute. But, come on, I don't even have it a week yet!
Yesterday I couldn't take my flute home because it had a leak. Mr Hilton repaired it and now my flute's fine again!
I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving! It's going to be so much fun. The first thing people tell me about Thanksgiving is always that there's tons of good food... sounds good :P And I believe we're hosting Thanksgiving for the whole family, so they'll all come over. I can't wait to get to know them.
After Thanksgiving, on the last weekend of November/first weekend of December, I'll go on a YFU trip to Chicago - I'm soooo excited! I love this city so much, I am so glad I get the chance to go there again!

And theeeen... CHRISTMAS is approaching! :)))

No comments: