11/27/2007

Winter

It's soooo cold...

Today I had a US History test that I had totally forgotten about. But, oh well, US History with Mr Tatum is the easiest thing in the world anyways, so it didn't really matter that I hadn't studied. I reviewed a little in the beginning of the hour when he took attendance and I'm pretty sure I got everything right.
The most exciting thing that happened today was probably what happened in Band. When I entered the band room looking for Aubrey, I found her talking to Mr Hilton. He left when I reached her. She looked kind of puzzled, shrugged and said "I guess your playing in here today." ... I soooo wasn't ready xD but whatever... that's what you definitely learn in High School, being spontaneous. So, I pretty much screwed up most of the time because we mainly worked on a song that I had never even played before (Hallelujah, some of you probably know it... "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAllelujah, Hallelujah, Halleluja - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAllelujah, Hallelujah" and so on). Still, it worked out better than I had thought. And it was fun. After band, when I walked out of the room and past Mr Hilton, he asked me how it was going, and when I told him I was getting into it, he said "Well, you'll just have to fight your way through it!" with this big excited/optimistic smile on his face :D he's just amazing...
After school, my area rep Camille came over. She arrived while Sheila was gone to get the kids (so I was home alone because Doug was still at work and Courtney had cheer practise), we talked for about ten or fifteen minutes, then she told me since there don't seem to be any problems, she doesn't see a point in waiting for Sheila, so she gave me a christmas present (I'm not gonna open it before christmas though, so I don't know what it is yet) and yummy vanilla cupcakes for the whole family and then she left again.
Guess I'm a very uncomplicated exchange student ^^ oh well, I really don't mind.
On Thursday, I'll have Jazz Band after school for the first time. I'm excited for that!

3 days left til... CHICAGO!!!! :)

No comments: