11/21/2007

The Day Before Thanksgiving

Cooking, cleaning, getting ready...

So today, I got up around 8.30, took a shower, had breakfast and did my chores. Then I practised my flute, played some games with Michaela, and then Sheila came home from the grocery store and the big preparing could begin :)
While Sheila prepared stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and other yummy stuff, I made my cake. I'm making a Rocher-cake for Thanksgiving. Getting all the ingrediences wasn't easy... they don't have "Sahnesteif" over here! I couldn't imagine that. And they don't have "Vanillezucker" either. I still made it... I used gelatine instead of "Sahnesteif" (yeeea mom I used GELATINE and I MADE it :P) and just plain powdery sugar instead of "Vanillezucker". I did the base and the frosting, and tomorrow I still have to decorate it. It looks good already. And it smells good :)
Then we cleaned a little more, Courtney and I did the blinds of the windows. We'll do the rest of the cleaning tomorrow.
I'm so excited :) Relatives will be coming over, we'll eat all that awesome food (Sheila's gonna make the turkeys tomorrow!!) and it'll just be FUN!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: