10/01/2007

Monday... and not even as tired as usual!

Still happy :)

The day started good already. Katie came over and talked to me before Chemistry. I know, I say that a lot, but I can only repeat it again and again: she's just such a nice person :)
During Chemistry, everyone who got the spirit (1st day of Spirit Week: College Shirt Day) got candy. I was wearing the Michigan State shirt I bought yesterday. It's a little big on me because they didn't have smaller ones but I kind of like it. It's comfy. Tomorrow is Plaids and Stripes Day. I don't really have anything with plaids on it, but I'll probably wear my black and white striped shirt with some kind of top over it so you can still see the striped sleaves.
During lunch, I talked to Katie about Homecoming. She's going to give me Chelsea's adress tomorrow (Chelsea is the girl we're all going to first, and then we go to Red Robin for dinner and from there we're going to the dance... Katie doesn't know the details yet either, she's going to tell me as soon as she finds out).
In Precalc, we got our test back. Again, Mr Curtis gave the first 10 seats to the 10 best students and sorted the remaining seats by alphabeth. I could stay in my first seat, but the boy behind me got as many points as I got. Mr Curtis said he couldn't have the first seat because he didn't do as good on the quiz before... Well, I don't really mind where I'm sitting actually but of course I was proud of my grade again ;) I made 2 pretty stupid mistakes though.
We basically got sparetime for the rest of the hour and I finally got to talk to Rob again. He had waved at me before Precalc and later he came over to look at my test and talk. He's never met someone doing an exchange year before and he was impressed when I told him that in Germany we can drink and go out at the age of 16 ;) but I also told him that we can't drive on our own until we're 18. He knows Rammstein (of course, who in the U.S. doesn't?) and wanted me to write down some other German bands for him so I told him to look for "Die Aerzte", "Die Toten Hosen" and "Beatsteaks". He gave me some names of US-Bands but I didn't get to check them out yet. I also found out that I actually wasn't too wrong when I thought he was an exchange student as well - he said something like his native language was Arabian, so I guess he or at least his parents aren't born in the USA. I'm not sure, but I think he's new at L'Anse Creuse as well... he said something like he liked this school so much more already than his old school and he had taken Spanish at his old school but now started German at L'Anse Creuse... Well, I'm not sure though. But it sounded like it. He wanted my email adress and he wanted me to send him some pictures of Germany when I get back there. Well, it'll be a while until I go back there ;) We also talked about Homecoming a little, and differences between US schools and German schools... well, it was a long hour ^^ (Oh, by the way... Mr Curtis passed out grade sheets in the meantime. Straigt A! YAY! :) )
In the morning during Chemistry I had found out that Amy, a girl who sits almost next to me and is also in my Precalc class, is in my Symphony Band class. So after Precalc, we went to her locker together and then to the band room. She's nice :) on our way I told her I was a little worried the stuff they play could be too hard for me and she said she doesn't think so and even if, I'd always find someone in Marching Band to help me and I'd never be alone there. I think she plays the clarinet... I'm not sure though.
Symphony Band wasn't very exciting yet. Mr Hilton is going to write me a part but he didn't have time to do that yet, so I just went to a piano room with one of the music teachers and she told me to just show her something on the piano, so I played a little piece (basically the only thing I totally know by heart) and she told me I'd definitely be able to play what Mr Hilton was writing for me and then she gave me the tuba part because that'll be similar to what I'm gonna play... it was reaaaaally easy. But it was just left hand, I'll get something for both hands of course. I'm excited.
I want to play it!

Chemistry AND History test on Thursday... maaan...

No comments: