10/29/2007

Busy I Guess

I know I've been a bad girl and haven't written in a while... :P I apologize...

Well, I can only say "What a week!" again I guess.
On that Sunday that I wrote the last entry, Sheila, Courtney and I went up to Rite Ate later that night to get Halloween costumes for Courtney and me. I got this supercool vampire costum :P (a black dress with a shiny, red neck-thing and a red belt and a red necklace-thingy) and black net tights, vampire make-up, vampire teeth, a black wig (looong and curly...), and a halloween set including a tattoo, bright red nailpolish and amazing red fake eyelashes... they're shiny! :)
Courtney's going to be a vampire, too, but her costume is rather black and pink/purple.
I don't think anything special happened on Monday... and if it did, I don't remember.
On Tuesday, I had band practise like usually. Again, it was really freezing.
Wednesday, we had practice again - yea, last week was really a band week. Wednesday's practice started an hour later though so we had some time to get our homework done.
On Thursday, I hung out with Rob after school. We went to Mc Donald's and did some Precalc stuff together, and he bought me a coffee :) Sheila picked me up when she came back from getting the kids and back home, I already had to get ready for band practice again. This night, I actually wasn't freezing - Rob had given me his awesome, comfy and warm Tony Hawk hoodie so that I'm not that cold during practice :) and it worked! I really smelled like a guy though because of his cologne :P
On Friday, we had a Pep Assembly for the Performing Arts section of our school in 3rd hour. Because the marching band performed during this assembly, we had to be at the band room in the beginning of 2nd hour. We set up our stuff in the gym, the choir and show choir warmed up, we warmed up and then the whole school entered the gym and got seated in the beginning of 3rd hour. I saw Rob - he shouted my name, waved and blew me kisses to get my attention ^^
Our performance went good. We performed standing because the gym is just too small for marching. Well, I don't march anyways so it didn't change anything for me.
After the assembly, things were a little crazy. Since I have A lunch which is after 3rd hour, I and the other A lunch people were dismissed immediately and didn't have to put the stuff back but I still had to get my purse out of the band room and that took me a while. So for us band people, there wasn't much time left for eating... but oh well, it was fun though.
After school, I hung out with Rob again. We went to McDonald's, I got my coffee again :) and we just talked. I walked home later... bad idea, I didn't realize the walk would be that long and at some points I thought I was lost. I made it though, and it wasn't too bad. I need to walk more, anyways... you really don't do that here too often. People couldn't live without their cars here.
Friday night, I went to the movies with Rob. We wanted to watch Saw 4 but since Rob isn't 17 yet, we couldn't get in and so we randomly picked a movie because we didn't know the other movies on the list. So we ended up watching "Dan in Real Life" - that movie's hilarious! I laughed so hard at some points.
Saturday was a full band day again. In the morning, around 9.10, Gary gave me a ride up to L'Anse Creuse North. I have no idea why we practised there but oh well. Gary said he had to go there anyways. He's often giving me rides home from band now. Actually, after all band practices. I like the music he listens to in his car. And he still reminds me so much of A.J.... but I don't think he's as musical as A.J.. He said he can't play the guitar. Well, would've been scary if he was an amazing guitar and piano player, too - I would've felt tricked by someone :D (A.J., come out of your disguise...)
Well, so we practised pretty much all day... fortunately, the pit practised inside first - it was rainy and windy and cold outside. Then we had lunch, and after that we all rehearsed together on the field. It was ridiculous for us synth people - we set the sound stuff up, played 1 or 2 songs, then it started raining again so we had to unplug and cover everything really fast until it stopped and we had to set up again...
After loading, we had dinner, got dressed and departed around 6pm I believe. Well, it was probably later. We had to go back to L'Anse Creuse first because people had forgotten things the day before... that took us some time and so when we arrived at Lakeland Highschool in Huron Valley, we didn't have too much time to unload and warm-up.
I think our show went really good. Of course, there're still mistakes we have to fix but I enjoyed it so much and was so calm and not scared at all this time. I did good, I'm almost satisfied with myself. After our performance, we had to go back to the truck really fast, load really fast and immediately get back to the field for the awards (we had been... I think the second last band to play).
Again, we got second place, and again, we were beaten by Waldlake Central. They're really good, I didn't see their show this time but I saw it on other competitions. They only beat us by a few points, so we're still really really good. And we got an amazing compliment from one of the judges - he said that we're one of the elite bands in the state of Michigan. That really makes me proud... I mean, that I'm actually involved in something huge and amazing like this!
When I got home, it was past 1 and I was so tired.
I didn't really sleep in on Sunday though because I wanted to go to church. I went there with Sheila and Michaela and later we went shopping, kind of spontaneously. Sheila wanted to go to the Flower Factory (kind of like the German Hornbach, but even bigger and you can get even more there... pretty much everything, I'd say) and she said we could look for some warmer clothes for me, too.
I found a lot at DEB again - I just love this store! -:
-grey sweatpants with 2 little strawberries on them (in the US, you HAVE to have sweatpants!)
-a cream-white, warm long-sleeve shirt with such a really cool, wide turtleneck that kind of falls down casually
-a dark grey, short-sleeved kind of knitted shirt with that same kind of turtleneck... it's really warm
-a darkgreenish, warm long-sleeve shirt
-a beige long-sleeve shirt in a 2-layers-look
-a brown, kinda striped long-sleeve shirt with two cute white buttons in the front
-2 tops to wear under things, one black and one beige
I'm happy now :) I love these clothes... and almost all of them were on sale, and additionally the whole store was "buy 1 get 1 half off", AND I still had the giftcard I got from Grandma Tina for my birthday.
Last night, I talked to Christian on the phone for more than an hour... we had to figure out some things but it's alright now :) I'm so happy that we understand each other that well and that we really seem to always think the same.
Today, I was INCREDIBLY tired at school. I slept almost all my 1st hour, I just couldn't help it. It was just review anyways. In my other classes, I found ways to keep me awake... in Precalc, I started writing random things around my notes just to have something to do while Mr Curtis was explaining. It ended up becoming a really weird and crazy notes paper :D It got like lyrics and little drawings all over it, and it says STAY AWAKE all over the paper...
After school, I stayed to do some pumkin carving with the German Club. It was fun, I was in a group with Jeannine (she's in pit, she's such a nice person! I like talking to her) and Kiona (she's also in pit and I love her craziness :) ) and a friend of Kiona. My first carved pumkin ever actually turned out pretty cute :) I like it. Kiona took it home because I walked home and I didn't want to carry a heavy pumkin all the way...
At home, we also carved pumpkins tonight. Every child did a pumpkin and Sheila and Doug helped. I love all the pumpkins :) Grayson did a bat pumpkin, Michaela did a witch pumpkin, Courtney did a skull design that I invented for her :P, I don't know what Jake ended up doing with his pumpkin and I did a pumpkin with many little symbols on it... gravestones, a witch on a broom, a cat, a ghost, a moon, a winter tree, a bat and the words "Happy Halloween". It looks so cool with a candle in it! I'll take pictures of all the pumpkins somewhen this week and put them online... my camera unfortunately was empty when I wanted to photograph the pumpkins.
Chemistry quiz tomorrow and a special band rehearsal in Oakland Valley or something like that... I should go to bed!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: