10/03/2007

Band Practise

Never been so tired...

So, yesterday was my first band practise. After I had come home from school, I had some snack and tried to get as much homework done as possible but I still had pretty much left. Around 4.45, Sheila gave me a ride to the school.
Finding the Pit people wasn't hard, they were already getting their stuff outside (we played outside the band room at the parking lot while the marchers were somewhere else and later on the field). I got to know the section leader Sarah and the teacher who leads the Pit (oh oh... forgot a name again). They're both very nice. The other synthesizer people are kind of weird but okay. The band people are all a little crazy ;) seems like that belongs to being in the band ^^... I got a part to play but since I had never seen it before, I couldn't do much of it yet. While we were practising with the Pit, Mr Hilton came around and gave me my part in another song (that thingy he was writing for me... it's really good, I practised it today but I'm not perfect at it yet).
While we were practising, it became colder and colder... I had forgotten to bring a sweater. Around 7.30 or 8 (kinda lost my feeling of time out there...) we joined the rest of the band on the field and played all together. We had to do all the parts over and over again because Mr Hilton was never satisfied. Well, he's ambitious, that's okay. I was freezing by then... it's so hard to play a fast song with ice-cold fingers!
After practise, Courtney and Doug picked me up. Back home, I had some ice-cream and chocolate cake (yummy... hehe) and finished my homework... which meant that I didn't get to go to bed before 12. I had a hard time getting up this morning, and in school I almost fell asleep many times... but the other band members did, too so it wasn't bad.
I had to study and do a lot of homework today because since tomorrow is band practise again, I won't really get anything done tomorrow. I'm soooo tired though. It was hard to concentrate.
Oh oh.... my throat feels kind of scratchy. I better take a THICK sweatshirt tomorrow!

Please, God, don't let me get sick before Homecoming!!!

1 comment:

Elvi said...

Hallo Maria,
aus dem Urlaub zurück, gab es für mich ja eine Menge zu lesen, was natürlich ewig dauerte. Es ist unglaublich, was Du in der kurzen Zeit schon alles erlebt hast und Deine Erfolge sind echt toll. Ich glaube Du bist sehr glücklich und hast eine echt super Zeit. Schön, daß unsere Karte angekommen ist und Du Dich gefreut hast. Wir denken halt oft an Dich. Nun werde ich wieder täglich mit Spannung nach Deinen Berichten Ausschau halten.
Liebe Grüße Elvi, natürlich auch von Albert