10/18/2007

Short Week, Ending With a Lot of Band

I like parent conferences.

We didn't have real sunday school on Sunday yet - the Teen Group is new and we still have to find more members because we were only 5 (Courtney and I and 3 boys - I think all Freshmen). It was cool though.
On Tuesday I had band practise like usually. Yesterday I went up to Rite Aid with Sheila after we had dropped Courtney off for her piano lesson because I wanted to print out some photos.
Today we only had a half day in school because of parent conferences, and tomorrow we have the whole day off, I don't really know why but I actually don't care :D it's nice...
In third, and today last, hour Scott gave me his cell number and asked me whether I'd like to hang out before band today. So when I got home, I had some time to eat, check my mail, tidy up my room and get my band stuff together and then Scott and his dad picked me up. We went to Scott's house. First, he tried to teach me how to play Xbox for a little while (I was soooo bad but it was fun) and then we started watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Later, a friend of Scott's (I knooooow her name... just can't remember it right now) who's also in band and lives in his neighborhood called and asked whether we wanted to go up to Subway. So we went there with her which was fun because the two of them are fighting all the time - in a fun way, I think they've known each other for a really long time.
Scott's dad gave him and me a ride to the school for band practise later. Practise was pretty cool today, I wasn't freezing, I did well on my parts... it was fun! After practise, Gary - he's in my Precalc and drafting classes, don't know whether I already wrote about him - who's not in band but always picks up his little sister gave me a ride home. He sooo reminds me of A.J.! He kind of looks like him (well, only a little), got the same kind of humor and as far as I can tell so far, similar attitudes towards things, and he talks EXACTLY the same way A.J. talks. It's scary!
When I came home, I ate something and checked my mail, and I finally met Rob online ^^ (we tried that for a couple of days but somehow, we're never on at the same time and I don't really spend much time on the computer anyways) so I could talk to him on AIM for a while. We're probably going to go to the movies or something on Friday next week. He wanted to hang out tomorrow but tomorrow I have band stuff to do...
I'll have to be at school at 1 pm, then we'll rehearse until 4, from 4 to 4.45 we, the pit, will be with people from the middle school to show them what pit's like, we'll have dinner from 4.45 to 5.30, after that we'll warm-up and then we'll play during the half-time show of the last home football game of our varsity team. So, I'll be home late.
On Saturday, I have to be at the school early again, we won't have much time to practise and load until we leave for the first competition, where we'll warm-up, play our show and reload the trucks immediately after that to go to the second competition that day. The itineray says I'll be home by about 11.30pm. I doubt it, I bet it's going to be way past 12.

I'll be tired on Sunday! That's why I should go get some sleep now...

2 comments:

Elvi said...

Hallo Maria,
wie ich lese, hast Du ja wirklich immer volles Programm. Ich glaube, Du brauchst mal eine Auszeit zum Ausschlafen oder ? :-)) Aber die Hauptsache ist doch, es macht Spaß.
Danke für Deine e-Post, haben uns seeehr darüber gefreut. Bei uns wird es nun langsam auch kalt, am Wochenende soll es sogar Frost geben.
Viel Spaß weiterhin für Dich und bis bald.
Viele Liebe Grüße Elvi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.