10/21/2007

What a Weekend... How Often Do I Say That??

I was right, I AM tired today...

So, on Friday was the last varsity football game. I had to be at the school at 1 pm and then we practised until 4. It was reaaaally windy outside, it was even kind of scary sometimes. At 4, band kids from the middle school, L'Anse Creuse South which is directly next to L'Anse Creuse, came over because our marching band was supposed to teach them some pregame stuff. At 4.45, we were done with that, got dinner, and then we had to get ready for the game.
During the first half, when the pit warmed up in the parking lot but Tre, Hayden, Jared and I couldn't warm up because our instruments were already at the field, I watched the clock with the guys so we could tell the pit when they had to get to the field. That was kinda boring, and cold.
Our show went good and it was fun :) But it was also kind of sad because they introduced the Senior band members because it was their last football game in high school marching band and that made me think of the fact that it was actually MY last football game in band... that's frickin sad! It was only my 2nd one...
After we had put all our stuff back into the band room, we went to the concession stands and there I met Rob. He bought me a hot chocolate because I was so cold :) That was sooooo awesome, it probably saved my life ^^
When Sheila wanted to come pick me up when we were done, she hit Doug's truck in the driveway so she couldn't come. Fortunately, I found Gary and he gave me a ride home again.
Yesterday, we had two competitions. We had to be at the school for rehearsal at 8am and practised until 10. Then we loaded the trucks, ate, dressed and at 11, we left for the first competition in West Bloomfield. There, we only had a couple of minutes to warm-up, then we ran our show and had to load again immediately. After that, we left for Clarkston.
At Clarkston High School (a HUGE school!) we had a lot of time to practise. And we got some fruit from the band parents. Our perfomance was at 6pm, and after loading after that, we were finally allowed to go and get food at the concession stands and hang out with ppl. I hung out with Keith and Savanna again and again, it was just so much fun.
We had to be back in the stands for the last two bands because the second to last band was L'Anse Creuse North. At 10, the awards were announced. We got second place again, and we got second place in West Bloomfield as well.
I slept on the whole bus ride back to the school. Scott and his dad took me home and I was home past midnight. I was soooo tired.
Today we went to church, I did my chores and my homework.

Time to relax now :)

No comments: