1/28/2008

New Start in a New Semester

First day of second semester. Not so sure about it... definitely had some hiiigh ups and some looow downs.

So first thing this morning in school, I had to go to my homeroom like on the first day of last semester. I got my schedule which I already knew (only new thing that I found out today was that I'm in B Lunch) and Mr Rhoda announced some of the boring general stuff. After the homeroom period, I went to AP Chemistry. I'm sure that's going to be a fun class. Mrs Garmo is fun, the people in there are fun (I actually know pretty many... Eboni, Allison, those 2 guys from Precalc...). I had fun :)
My second hour is still US History, still with Mr Tatum, but the cool part is that Finja is in my 2nd hour now! That is really cool. It'll definitely make this class more standable.
3rd Hour is Precalc. So I came in and, as planned before, sat down in the very last seat in the very left row (total opposite of the number 1 seat that Mr Curtis made me sit in almost the whole first semester), behind Randy. I really liked that seat. But, OF COURSE, Mr Curtis surprises us with assigning our seats on the very first day of the semester. He didn't do that in first semester. Gah. So I didn't sit with Randy anymore. Well, instead I sat surrounded by Eboni, Marina and Ben which is pretty cool, too. But still. It's just the principle. He can't do that on the first day. GAH.
When my 4th Hour, Composition with Mr Dakmak, started, I was really disappointed first. He doesn't seem to have any kind of humor at all. And when he told us what assignments we're going to be doing this semester, I realized that I'd done all of them except for a big one at the end of the semester in Writing Workshop already. Oh well. Hope we're just going to go deeper into it. The only two persons in that class that I know are Sarah and Brandon. They're both in band.
Then, the worst part of the day came. B-LUNCH. Seriously...

NO
SINGLE
PERSON
I
ASKED
WAS
IN
B-LUNCH.


EVERYBODY's in C-Lunch.
Luckily, I met Amy and the twins right by the cafeteria door and so I sat down with them. Brandon, who couldn't find anybody to sit with, joined us later, too. B-Lunch is half empty while C-Lunch is PACKED. It is just ridiculous and stupid. They should transfer Gary, Autumn, Garett, Randy, Katie, Keith and all those cool people to B-Lunch. Seriously. Wouldn't that be an amazing solution to this big problem? C-Lunch isn't packed anymore, B-Lunch is filled. Tadaaa. Maria is happy. Haha. Stupid.
The second half of 4th Hour (B-Lunch divides 4th hour) was better. We started an assignment and it actually does seem a little more demanding than the Writing Workshop stuff.
My 5th Hour this semester is Real Life Literature. When I first came into that class, I realized two of the guys I was in Writing Workshop with were in it. I thought I'd NEVER meet those guys again. Well, hoped, actually. But then Justin's also in that class which is cool, and the teacher, Mrs Purrett, seems to be pretty awesome. It's going to be fine.
I still have Band in 6th hour. Some people switched to 5th, some came in from 5th. Not that I mind. All band people are awesome.
Yea... so I really still don't know what to think about my schedule. The longer I think about it, the more unsatisfied am I. Although I also had good times today. I'll give it a try, for a couple days. If I still don't feel comfortable with it, I'll go talk to my counselor again.
After school, I had drama rehearsal. We did the prologue and the first act. I love the prologue :) it's all scary and dramatic and we all get captured by evil henchmen. I get tackled and thrown on the ground and then I get half-dragged off the stage :D It is so much fun.

Tomorrow's Jake's 10th birthday. Yay!

No comments: