1/08/2008

Jackson!

... which is where I went last weekend.

School started again last Thursday and I'm already totally back into it. And already tired again.
On Friday, right after I got home from band, A.J. and Maunz arrived after some difficulties in finding my house. I showed them my awesome home here :) and then we left for Jackson.
First, we stopped at a gas station to get snacks and energy drinks. Then, we drove around in Harrison Township for a good half an hour looking for the high way... yeaaah I know by now I should really know how to get to the high way ^^ my bad...
We finally arrived in Jackson around 8 pm and went right to one of A.J.'s classmates' house. She's so funny, she's like 35 or so, married and has 3 kids and a super cute dog. We watched "Four Brothers" first and then "The Ring". All in all, a fun night.
Then we went to A.J.'s, went to bed and Maunz and I stayed up talking half the night.
The next day, we started getting ready around 10/10.30, Anne made us yummmmmy pancakes for breakfast and then we went to the library to rent some DVDs. Back at A.J.'s, Maunz and I watched "Marie Antoinette". Around 4.30 pm, we finally left to go to Stephen's house. It was amazing to get there, to see the house which still looks so familiar to me, and then Stephen's mom came out of the back door... :)
Inside the house, everything still seemed to be the same, except for a new sofa in the living-room. I even remembered in which kitchen cupboard the cups where!
Of course, typically him, Stephen wasn't there although A.J. had told him we'd be there by 5 :D He was still in Lansing, thinking about whether to buy a Banjo or not. Danielle and her fiance Darren weren't there, either. They all said they'd be there in about an hour so, after saying hi to Stephen's dad, we left again to get some stuff for making nachos and some pop. Back at Stephen's, I met Danielle and Darren for the first time. They are just as awesome as the rest of the family :) We talked and watched TV for a while and then, finally and somehow suddenly, Stephen stood there in the hallway, still in his coat. He doesn't seem to have changed a lot, I think he got a little taller and skinnier but he's still just as awesome and funny as he was more than 2 years ago. Like his parents, he was surprised about my change in looks though :D yea... I have to admit that I changed quite a lot.
We ate nachos, talked, watched "Back to the Future"... I enjoyed that night so much. Unfortunately, we had to leave around 10pm already because A.J. was tired and Stephen had to pack (he went back up to Canada on Sunday). But I'm definitely gonna see him again in summer, before I leave!!
We went back to A.J.'s where we watched "Corpse Bride" and then went to bed.
On Sunday, we left Jackson around 1 pm and I was home around 3. The weekend was definitely too short but I hope Maunz's gonna visit me soon - maybe in or after spring break, whatever works out.
The only bad thing about the weekend was that A.J. made me speak German all the time - that was difficult sometimes :D
Yesterday and today I had my first drama rehearsals, it was a lot of fun. The play's gonna be a lot of fun too!

8 more days til finals. People start studying. I haven't started yet... I'm not really scared or worried about it.

No comments: