1/12/2008

Ups and Downs

More Ups though.

The week went on with drama rehearsals and Jazz Band. In Chemistry, I talked to Miss Potter about how I don't really learn anything new in CP Chemistry, and she talked to the teacher that teaches AP Chemistry and found out that I'd be able to switch to AP next semester. She's awesome, she said she'll give me next week to work on the stuff they're doing in AP right now while she's reviewing with the class for finals. That way I'll be able to hopefully get right in.
I wanted to change my schedule anyways... in my original schedule for 2nd semester I have CP Chemistry, US History, Precalculus, Symphony Band, Drawing and Composition which is an English class. Not sure about the order. I want to change CP Chemistry to AP Chemistry, unfortunately I'll have to keep US History because YFU wants me to, I'll keep Precalc, same for Symphony Band, I don't want Drawing anymore but a class instead in that I actually learn something (hopefully) and I might want a reading class as my English class instead of Composition which is writing. And I've had a writing class this semester. Although it was a dumb one.
I just need more school work so that I actually learn stuff and am prepared when I go back to Germany in summer. I'll have to review a lot anyways though...
On Thursday, I got an email from my dad. He's received a letter from YFU. With my flight date in it. I really didn't want to know it. I mean, of course I knew all the time that I'd have to go back at the end of June, but without a concrete date it seemed soooo far away... now I know that it's gonna be June 27th. That is pretty concrete. And scary. And makes me really really sad.
Today was my YFU mid winter meeting. It was okay and went by faster than the first meeting in the beginning of the year. One of the two area reps who led my group was Dawn who's the mother of Midori, the one Japanese girl I shared a room with in Chicago, and Karese, one of the girls that went to see Sweeney Todd with us. Finding that out was kinda funny. We talked about our expierences in the first half of the exchange year, talked about what to do better in the second half and all that. We also got to write a letter telling about our exchange experience, thanking the people that have become important to us here and kinda advertising a little for YFU. They are gonna send some of the best letters to local newspapers and they might get published. Well, let's see if mine gets published.
Maaaan now I got June 27th stuck in my head all the time :(

I don't want to leave. Not that I never want to go back. I just don't want to LEAVE.

Oh, note that there's a new extra on the right on the very bottom... for the Germans only, pretty much, cause it is in German.

No comments: