2/02/2008

Wipe The Car Off My Snow

I had SO much fun last night.

So, I tried to change my schedule to not have Composition anymore and to hopefully get into C-Lunch, but the only classes that were still open for 4th Hour were classes like Design (okay, that might've been cool, but that means A-Lunch and A-Lunch was always way to early for eating) and... I don't even remember. Well, so I just kept my schedule the way it was. Gary tried to get into my 5th Hour Real Life Literature. He got into Real Life Lit, but he's with another teacher. That's just dumb. And Justin dropped out of my 5th Hour, so now I don't know anyone in that class except for those ex-Writing Workshop mates whom I don't really want to be with anymore. Well, it's gonna be fine. I'll meet people. Think positive, be a good exchange student.
B-Lunch turned out to actually be not so bad. When they realized on Monday that they messed up the lunches (C-Lunch was packed while B-Lunch was half empty), they changed some of them on Tuesday. So now, there are more band people in B-Lunch and so I'm sitting with Mary, Breanna, Chelsea and Nicole now. It's a cool table, we're having fun :)
Tuesday was Jake's birthday, he turned 10. We had brownies after dinner. He got a snowboard and a birthday party that he had yesterday from his parents. I gave him a Scooby Doo DVD. Tomorrow, we're going to celebrate with Grandma Tina, Uncle Bubba and Aunt Bridget I think. Tomorrow's also the Super Bowl, so we might watch that all together.
On Wednesday, I had my first flute sectionals. Sectionals are one hour practises with only the people of one section (e.g. trumpet section, percussion, flute section,...) and we have them once a week starting this week until... I don't even know. I think up until the concert on February 24th. It was pretty cool. I learned the fingering for the high G flat. Yay.
Gary gave me a ride home after sectionals (he had to pick up Claudia, she's in the flute section too) and in his car, he had a humongous Sweeney Todd movie poster that Randy had got me from the MJR theatre where he works and where whe watche Sweeney Todd. I love Randy :) that poster's frickin awesome.
All week, the weather channels and teachers told us about a big snow storm that was coming up and supposed to hit us Thursday night. The teacher's predicted we wouldn't have school on Friday. Unfortunately, we only got about 3-5 inches, so we didn't get a snow day. That was a little disappointing, but not too bad at first. When I got to the school though and realized that a lot of people just didn't come to school which meant that we didn't really do anything in any of my classes, I just really didn't want to be there anymore. I was so tired. People kept leaving the school just because it didn't make a lot of sense to stay but well, I can't just leave because YFU checks my attendance. And everybody who left unexcused got marked absent for a full day.
So I just sat in school the whole day doing nothing and then after school, I stayed for Jazz Band but ended up still sitting around doing nothing because instead of doing Jazz Band, Mr Conaton told us to practise Solo and Ensemble stuff. I don't do that, so I just hung out with people and had to wait until 4 when Doug came to pick me up. It wasn't as bad as the rest of the school day though because there were many band people around to talk to.
When I got home, I did Michaela's hair for her Daddy Daughter Dance which was last night. Since Courtney was at cheerleading and Sheila at Jake's birthday party (it was at a pool), I was the only one to do her hair. I love her hair :) I wish I had hair like hers.
While I was curling hair and talking to Michaela, Gary called me telling me that he was about to leave his Grandma's house (which is like right around the corner, almost) to go up to his parents' house for the weekend and asking whether I wanted to go with him to hang out at his house. Since my mom wasn't home yet and my dad was about to leave with Michaela, I had to stay with Grayson though. So I watched TV with him for a while and then Sheila came home with some pizza for dinner. After dinner, I asked her whether I could go to Gary's house and when she agreed, I called him and he drove all the way back here to pick me up ^^ He's awesome. I love him :)
So we hung out at Gary's last night, "we" meaning Autumn, Eric, Justin, Ross, Gary's cousin Tim, Gary of course and me. Most of the time, Gary's sister was with us, too. Not Claudia. The other one. I'm so bad at names. What we did was basically talking, doing crazy stuff and playing video games. And Uno.
I had an amazing night, it was so hilarious. When they shovelled the drive way before I came, they put all the snow on Eric's car and he was rather pissed about that :D while everybody else thought it was pretty funny. When later Autumn said "I'm really hungry right now" and somebody suggested that someone should go and fetch some food, Eric went (pretty annoyed) "If you wipe the car off my snow, I'll do it!" It took him a little while to realzise what we were laughing about :D
Someone found the head of a black baby doll in Gary's room, so we gave Justin some sharpies (permanent markers) and he made it the creepiest baby head ever. He's so frickin artistic. It's not even fair ^^
Eric got everyone laughing again with a very... SPECIAL... way of throwing an empty water bottle in a water bottle fight. And jumping for cover afterwards.
A little while before I head to leave, we started playing Uno ("Autumn, you don't know how to play UNO?? What kind of child hood did you have!" - Don't remember who said that. Eric, I think.). You won't believe me, but Uno can be HILARIOUS. If you leave the blank cards in a new and just opened deck.
Yea, those people are all pretty awesome.

Can't wait til the concert next Friday :)

No comments: