2/21/2008

My Day Off

It was pretty cool. And funny.

So Wednesday, I got up pretty early (considering I didn't have school). I was done with showering and everything around 10 am, cleaned my room, practised my flute and all that...
Around... 11, I think, I called Gary to see whether he wanted to hang out. So we ended up with the plan that he would pick me up and we'd go to Eric's house as soon as Eric had gone out and got Dynasty Warrior 6, a Play Station 3 game that just came out yesterday and that, according to Gary, the two of them had been waiting for for several years. A couple doubts about the plan appeared about an hour later when Eric locked himself out of his own house. Fortunately, he found his window to be unlocked after 30 minutes and got in.
I waited until Sheila got home shortly after 1 pm (she had asked me to not leave while she was gone because Courtney's boyfriend Jake was going to come over and she didn't want she two of them to be home alone) and then I called Gary who had just arrived at Eric's house and now turned around again to come and get me. Yea, he drives me around way too much. But he hates it when I say that. He says it doesn't matter. Gary's awesome.
So we hung out at Eric's house for a while with Eric and Justin, playing Dynasty Warrior 6 (I did one attempt after being persuaded by the guys that even if I sucked as much at video games as I said, I couldn't do anything wrong if I just permanently pressed the square button. I actually survived through almost the entire level I think, which was not bad).
We left around 3.30 or 4 and after driving around aimlessly for a little while, Gary and I ended up at McDonald's to get some food for Gary and a diet coke for me. A little later we went to my house to play some Wii which was a lot of fun because little 5-year-old Grayson beat the very video game experienced Gary in Wii bowling. Then after dinner, Gary regained his self confidence by beating Jake in PS2 Need For Speed. Hehe.
Overall, a fun day.
Starting today, Gary's driving Courtney and me to school. Awesome - we can actually sleep a little bit longer and we don't have to endure the long, annoying bus ride with about a million stops.

Concert weekend coming up. Lots of rehearsals. And I don't think we're ready yet.

No comments: