2/28/2008

What Happend During the Past Week

Yea I'm getting a little lazy about my blog... I apologize... again...

So, what happened within the last 7 days?
I don't even remember what I did on Friday. On Saturday, I had a band rehearsal from... I think 4 pm to 6.30. It was the rehearsal with Dr Holsinger who is the composer of one of the pieces we're playing. He's so awesome! He kinda looks like a little Santa Clause and is soooo energetic and nice and kind and funny... We thought he'd be scary since he's so famous in the band world but he never yelled at us and really gave us some awesome tips on how to improve certain passages in the song. The entire flute section loves him. He's so cute.
After rehearsal, Gary gave me a ride home and mentioned that he was going to Autumn's house. I had to check with my parents whether I could go first so I went home first, had dinner, and then Gary picked me up again. Since he and Autumn were hungry, we went to Taco Bell first where we had a lot of fun watching a really weird candy-selling guy who kept talking to himself or his candy or who knows what imaginary person. Twizzlers were also involved, bought from the candy man, and real life pacman. Too hard to explain, you'd have to have been there. After a while we got the amazing idea to go to a dollar store and called a bunch of people to get them come with us but nobody understood why a dollar store is so amazing. Come on, what can be MORE amazing than a dollar store??? So we went to one and bought very ridiculous presents for several people (bunny ears for Eric - that is related to a story -, fish nets for Ross, glow-in-the-dark footprint stickers for Justin, a ladybug I don't even know what it was thingy for Mr Curtis, ...). It was hilarious. We dropped the bunny ears off at Eric's house (he wasn't there because he was at his dad's over the weekend) and then we went to Autumn's house. A couple minutes later Justin, Ross and Eric got there too, they had been at the movie theatre before. Justin and Ross received their presents and Ross managed to rip the fish nets right away when he put them on... yea you can probably tell that we had a LOT of fun.
On Saturday, I had to be at JAPAC (John Armstrong Performing Arts Center, where the stage of our school is and where we have all kinds of school performances) at 4 pm and we rehearsed again and got ready for the concert. It went okay and was a lot of fun with Dr Holsinger. He actually wrote an entire new song for our Wind Symphony and Sunday was the premier night. "The Maelstrom" is an amazing piece. We were all very impressed.
I don't think anything too exciting happened on Monday or Tuesday.
Then yesterday, we had flute sectionals for the last time. I got home afterwards around 5.30, had dinner with my family and grandma, who was there, and then around 7.30 I left again when Kyle, Heather and Aimee picked me up to go bowling. It was such a fun night. I also had my first Coney Hot Dog ;)
There's another new development recently. I might have mentioned that the ACT, a standardized test that every Junior at my school has to take, is coming up in the second week of March. I didn't really plan on doing extra practice stuff for that but then Sheila told me that you can actually put four colleges on the test form and then your score is sent to those colleges, and if it is really good, they might even offer you a scholarship. That definitely gave me huge motivation to practise for the test and I'll have an appointment with my counselor soon where I'll ask her about the SAT, another test that you can take and that the colleges look at even more. This week the Juniors had gridding which means filling out the information sheets for the test (name, birth date, adress, interests, future plans, ... so many questions and hundreds of bubbles to fill in). On there, we also had to put 4 colleges that we want to get our scores sent to. I put 4 colleges with very good engineering on there. My 1st and 3rd choice are in California, which is where all the good engineering schools are, my 2nd choice is Michigan Tech, and my 4th choice is in Chicago I believe, another Technology institute. I'm not planning or relaying on this in any way yet, don't worry... but it might be a chance and you know me - I take the chances I get.

Who knows what's gonna happen, you can always try...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the best article I have read, thank you, I have learned a lot of knowledge in this area.