6/27/2008

The Time Has Come

Last morning, last post from the United States.

It is Friday, June 27. The day I've been trying not to think about for the past half year. I woke up at about 6.30 this morning. Nobody else is up yet, but I still got up because I don't want to waste another second in bed. My last days were amazing, and sad, and a little odd altogether.
Last Friday was the concert. It was sweet. But reaaaally long. After I had been helping Sheila with the cleaning for my party mostly all morning, Gary, Jimmy, and Chad picked me up around 2, and then we picked up Autumn and went out to Detroit. Like the All That Remains concert in February, this one was at the Majestic Theatre. Standing in line before they opened the doors at 3.30, we met the others: Justin, Ross, Eric, Ashlynn, Kyle, Matt, Doug, Chris, ... The first band started pretty much right at 4, and the last one finished their show at 11.30. It was a really good concert, but I have to admit that by that time, I was incredibly hungry and tired, and my feet hurt somewhat. I had a lot of fun that night.
On Saturday, we started the cooking and more cleaning for my Goodbye Party. We got as much as possible done before 4 pm, when we went to mass at St. Thecla. My last mass at St. Thecla for a while. Right after, we went to the graduation party of the kids' cousin Laura. It was nice.
On Sunday, we spent the morning finishing the cooking and setting stuff up in the garage for the party. It was a lot of work, but we finally got it all done when the first guests, Keith, Brittney, and Katie, arrived. I had put out my yearbook and a book for contact information out for the people to sign, so that I could keep in touch. Mostly everyone signed it. Shortly after Keith, Brittney, and Katie, Ross arrived, followed closely by Justin, Eric, Ashlynn, Doug, Chris, and Randy. Sheila's friends started arriving (the Evola's, the Curry's, and the DeCook's), Mr Curtis got here, Heather, Aimee, Matt, Courtney, Autumn, Gary, Jimmy, Adam, Kyle, .... I was very happy that they all came. It was a nice party. With an awesome cake :)
Monday around noon, I went to Coney Island one last time for lunch with Heather, Aimee, Kyle, and Adam. Later, around 3, Gary picked me up and we went to Autumn's house - her parents had invited us to go to the Detroit fireworks with them. The fireworks are for both the US and the Canadian independence days. We got our stuff together, stopped at a couple stores on our way for food etc., and finally got to Detroit. Although most spots by the water - where the fireworks take place - were already packed, but we still got a perfect spot. We had to wait a couple hours until the fireworks finally started at ten, so we walked around, played Mario on a Nintendo DS, and had fun buying ridiculous souvenier stuff. The fireworks were pretty awesome. They were huuuuge. And they had pretty cool shapes, too. They had hearts, and Saturns.
I stayed at Autumn's over night, where she and I stayed up until about 5 am, trying to think of the word "prosecution".
On Tuesday, Autumn, Gary, Jimmy, Matt, Courtney, Doug, and I went to Ross' house at night. Fun times. Autumn and I attempted to go swimming in Ross' pool, but it was freezing. I had so much fun that night, Jimmy is just hilarious. I actually didn't really get to meet him until just now... that's kind of sad. Doug's bike got stolen that night, and we went out to look for it, but it was too late. Oh well. It didn't seem to bother him too much. I had a great night.
Wednesday, I was home all day, spending time with my family. I went to Grayson's last T-Ball game with the entire family at night, and after that, we went to Eddie's drive-in for some ice-cream. Back home, Courtney and I had a photo session so that we have some photos together for myspace etc. It was hilarious :)
Yesterday, Sheila and I finished my packing (we ended up getting to get a bigger second suitcase, because the one I had was too small, luckily, there was a garage sale right across the street, and they had a perfect size suitcase for only a dollar). I got to choose my last dinner here - ribs with maccaroni and cheese - and after that, we just sat and talked for a while until a few of my friends came over (Gary, Autumn, Justin, Ashlynn, and Eric). It was good to see everyone one last time, and I managed not to cry until they were all gone.
Although today is the day that I leave, it still doesn't go in my head. What? I'm not leaving!
It feels like I'm going to call Autumn or Gary later on, and we're going to hang out tonight. Although I know that we're not going to be. Jake just came in a few minutes ago, and said "You can't leave!!!" and had tears in his eyes, and gave me a big hug. And I still can't realize it. I don't think it's going to hit me until I get to the airport. Or until the plane takes off. And then, it's going to be bad.
Wow, I remember posting my last post from Germany the night before I left there...

This sucks.

No comments: