6/17/2008

How 10 Months Become 10 Days

Ten days. WHAT? Where did the 10 MONTHS go???

I hate my short term memory... I don't remember what I did the Thursday after minigolfing. I don't think I did anything special, actually. On Friday, Gary picked me up in the afternoon and we went to the mall to get my ticket for a concert this upcoming Friday and a Father's Day present for my dad. I got him a Red Wings Stanley Cup Champions shirt. Then we picked Autumn up because she and Gary were going to go to Gary's house for his sister Claudia's birthday party while I went back home. I helped my family with the weeding, and later Sheila with making dinner.
Saturday was the day of Gary's graduation party. I got a ride with Ross around 4, and we were pretty much the first people from our group there. So we hung out with Gary and his family for a while, and then his family started leaving, while his friends arrived. Autumn came, then Eric and Ashlynn, Justin and Kyle, ... It was nice. Ross and I made an amazing plan to put water and blue food dye in a water gun and attack Gary with it. It was hilarious. Later on, we went swimming for a while, and I got drowned by both Ross and Gary. Gah. Hate you guys. Chlorine in my nose. Just kidding, you know I love you.
Eric and Ashlynn gave me a ride home when they went on to Jarrett's grad party around 11.30 pm.
Sunday was Father's Day. We went to church for 10 o'clock mass, and back home, dad opened his presents. He liked the shirt :) Around 2, we went to Uncle Steve's house to celebrate with the family. It was nice. I hadn't been to their house before. They have a huuuuge pool... I didn't go swimming though, I was too busy talking to people. Amanda is home from college at the moment, so she, mom, and Aunt Bridget started telling lots of fun college stories. That made me even more excited to come back here for college soon.
Talking about colleges... I've been getting a lot of little brochures from colleges lately. Even colleges that I never sent my scores to. I guess they found my ACT scores in the database and liked them :) Well, so far I got something from a technological college in Illinois (Chicago!), Michigan Tech, Eastern Michigan, Milwaukee School of Engineering, something in Ohio, Grand Valley (Michigan), ... I might have forgotten something. I'm so excited. And then today, I got a call from Michigan Tech! They have their students call potential future students and talk to them. So I talked to Stefanie, student of Michigan Tech, and she asked me a couple questions about myself, and I explained the entire exchange student situation, and she encouraged me to apply at Michigan Tech when I start planning my college career. It was really nice, I like how personal Michigan Tech seems to be. Their brochure was also the most informative of all. When I start applying for colleges, Michigan Tech is definitely going to be a consideration.
Yesterday was a fun day. I was bored, so I called Gary, Autumn, and Ross to set up something, and we ended up going to Ross' house later in the afternoon, then to Taco Bell for some food, then to Justin's house until he went to bed (he's working this summer), then Seven Eleven for slurpees, and then to Autumn's for a couple minutes before I had to go home. Fun times, fun times. Love these people.
Today was rather depressing. I had been going through my stuff the last couple days to figure out what I'm taking, leaving for somebody, or throwing away, and then today, I had to make a packing try to see how much I can fit in my suitcases and how much is left to be shipped. Mom helped me a lot, and I was very happy about that. Not only was she able to fit about 4 times as much stuff in a suitcase than I could, it was also nice to not have to do it alone. That would be even more depressing. We did a pretty good job and were able to fit a lot in the suitcases while still being perfectly within the weight limits. With the left-over stuff, mainly winterstuff, we could fill one box that I will have to ship. It weighs 20 pounds, so it's not going to be cheap I guess. I am also going to get a rolling carry-on as big as possible for some little stuff, and Sheila found out that I can additionally take a purse of any size. So I'm just going to take my biggest purse and stuff it full as well.
Airport person: Excuse me, Miss... why is your purse so stuffed?
Me: Tampons.
Yea. That's what's going to happen.
Anyways, I suppose this is going to be one of the very last posts in this blog posted from the amazing United States of America. I might write one more about my Goodbye Party on Sunday, but that's probably pretty much going to be it.

The end of the most amazing year of my life is near. I don't think I'm taking this very well.

No comments: