4/19/2008

What an Amazing Week

"Featherbowling is throwing feathers at pins." (Eric)

Okay, this was one of my best weeks ever.
So, on Saturday was Doug's birthday, so we had cake after dinner and he got some presents (a really cool card, German chocolate and a coupon for "A Day in Peace and Quiet" from Courtney and me). Later, Gary, Eric and Ashlynn came to pick me up for Autumn's birthday party. We stopped at right aid to get some specific kind of candy for Justin and pop, and Gary also spontaneously bought a miniature universal remote that he can bring into Mr Dakmak's class and drive him crazy by constantly switching the channels (Mr Dakmak already took Gary's other universal remote). Then we went to Autumn's house.
Besides us four, there were Justin, Garrett, of course Autumn, Liz, Ross, Alex, Zack, Dan, Matt and his girlfriend Courtney, Joe, .... I probably forgot someone. It was such a fun night. I talked to Ashlynn a lot, which was awesome because I never really got to talk to her much before and she's such a nice person :)
The next day, Gary drove Alex, Ross, Matt and me home around noon.
When I came home, Sheila welcomed me with the most amazing surprise - I got my ACT scores, and I got a 33! That is so much better than I thought they would be, and Sheila, Doug, my teachers and my class mates all tell me that with such a good score, I can definitely get a full scholarship at a college! You have no idea how happy I am :))) I MIGHT GET TO COME BACK!! I already signed up to take the SAT as well, so that I can hopefully improve my chances even more. I can't wait to hear from the colleges that got my ACT score!
After I had taken a shower and done my chores, Sheila, Grandma Tina and I went prom dress shopping :) First, we went to JC Penneys where I tried on a lot of dresses and finally narrowed it down to two dresses that I really liked. One was black and white, strapless and really puffy. The other one was light green, very shiny and silky, and the back looked amazing because it was tied so cool.
We went on to DEB at the mall where I tried on even more dresses, and finally, I found the one :) It is dark blue, almost black and shimmering blue, strapless, puffy, and just soooooo pretty... I love it so much.
Monday through Wednesday, I had play rehearsal until late everyday and never got home before 6 pm. We had dress rehearsals now, and Wednesday we had our first hair and make-up rehearsal and even a little audience consisting of about 4 teachers. I can't believe I managed how to do those fast changes in between the first couple scenes. But I actually made it, with Katie's help.
On Thursday, I relaxed and got some rest, and last night was opening night. I was excited all day, but when we finally got to JAPAC at 6 to get ready, I was really nervous. The nervosity increased until the curtain opened - but from then on, it just went so well and I had sooo much fun on stage.
When the play was over, we headed to the lobby to receive the audience that was coming out of the hall. Autumn, Eric and Ashlynn were there to watch me, and a lot of band kids and my mom, Grandma Tina and Michaela. Mary wanted me to sign her shirt :) and Eric, Ashlynn and Autumn asked me whether I wanted to come with them and go to a movie. Sheila was fine with that, so after a while, I changed and we left JAPAC to go to Taco Bell. There, we got some food and met Justin, Kyle, and two of Kyle's friends whom I don't know. After we were done eating, we went to the theatre to watch "The Forbidden Kingdom". It was a pretty good movie. I got home around 1 am.
Overall, I had an amazing night. Tonight is our closing show... I'll be so sad when it's over. Afterwards, we'll have our cast party at Ean's house. That's gonna be fun :)

Alright, I'm done with this little update on my life.
And, just for the record - I don't wanna go back. I'm definitely not ready.

No comments: