4/24/2008

I Love Senior Skip Day!

I'm tired. But that's nothing new.

So, the closing night went even better than the opening night of our play. I wasn't nervous this time :) but unfortunately, it was all kind of sad, too. Before we went on stage, we met backstage and held hands in a huge circle, and then everybody dedicated the play to someone or something, and then we jumped one time. It was a very moving moment. When it was my turn, and I dedicated the play to the cast because they belong to the people who made my exchange year the best year of my life, and everybody went "Ohhh", I was really close to start crying. How can play be over! It was so much fun :(
I guess the fact that it was our last time on stage together motivated us to make it an amazing performance. I can't even describe it. It was just - even better than the first night.
After the show, we went to the lobby again to talk to the audience, and I met Gary, Kyle, Heather, Kenny and Amy. Gary gave me flowers.
A little later, we had to go change and get all our stuff together and out of the building. It was sad to see them take down the stage stuff :(
Then, we went to the cast party. Courtney and I got a ride with Katie who also gave Keith a ride. The cast party was at Ean's house. It was fun. We ate, danced ridiculously, watched an old play on tape... we basically just had a lot of fun. Katie drove us home around midnight, she wanted to make sure she didn't miss her driving curfew.



On Sunday, Courtney and I overslept, so we didn't go to church with the rest of the family. We went grocery shopping with Mom, and later that day, after dinner, Gary picked me up to go to Autumn's house, where I spent the night - Monday was Senior Skip Day. Senior Skip Day is, in my opinion, a great invention. Basically, the Seniors choose a day that they're all going to skip on. Of course, not EVERYBODY really does it, but the vast majority does. Although at that time I was still a Junior (I'll explain that later), I decided that I have the right to do Senior Skip Day, too, since it is somewhat my last year in American high school, too.
So, Gary, Justin, Eric, Ashlynn, Garrett, Alex, Kyle, Zack, and I hung out at Autumn's house Sunday night. After a while of being outside in Autumn's front yard with basketball and breakdancing, somebody (Alex?) decided it was time for an "adventure". So all of us except for Justin and Garrett, who thought the idea was ridiculous (aren't all our ideas ridiculous?? What did they expect?), took off to walk to Seven Eleven. It was a rather long walk, but it was fine, and it was nice and warm out. When we got there, everybody except for me got Slurpees, and Gary bought me a variety of Pop Tarts (because he thought it's not right that I had never eaten a Pop Tart before) and Trail Mix (which I'm addicted to). After messing around at Seven Eleven for a while, we called Ross and told him to meet us at McDonald's, so we walked on to McDonald's. We basically did an entire tour that night.
So we met Ross and he walked back to Autumn's house with us where we watched Fight Club. Eric, Ashlynn, Justin, Garrett, Kyle, Gary, and me spent the night. Monday "morning", meaning around 10.30, Jodie and Roo came over. They went to school for first our to take an AP Chemistry AP practise test. I was supposed to do that too, but I retook it today. They were hungry, so they made us all get up and get ready. While Eric and Ashlynn went to Ashlynn's house to take showers, I took a shower at Autumn's house after she was done with hers. Gary wasn't there anymore, he left early in the morning to take his sisters and Courtney to school. When he came back, and Eric and Ashlynn came back, we took off to go to the Pancake House for breakfast. Almost all of us ordered crepes. It was soooo good. I had crepes with fresh strawberries :)
After breakfast, we went back to Autumn's house, Roo, Jodie and Garrett left, and after hanging out in her sunny front yard again for a while, Gary took me home.
I got my chores and my homework done, and for dinner, I went to Paco's with Gary, Kyle, Justin, and Autumn. It was such an amazing day. I LOVE Senior Skip Day! :)
Tuesday was rather unexciting. On Wednesday after school, Courtney and I were home alone (Dad was at work, Mom was subbing and the little ones were still in school) and suddenly, it knocked on the front door and Autumn and Gary were standing outside. They were bored, and so was I, so they came in for a while (Autumn examined the office, and then we watched TV with Courtney and talked), and a little later, we went to Ashlynn's house for another hour. They dropped me off at home around dinner time after that.
Today, I found out that obviously, Ms Glynn (our associate principal who is actually from Germany!) switched me from Junior class into Senior class. The whole thing started when Finja asked the school whether she could walk for graduation. They told her she could, and then offered me to do that too, and now that I said yes, they must have made me a Senior. So now, I'll get out of school early (on May 16th) which is partially awesome because it gives me more time to hang out with Autumn and the guys, and partially a little sad because I'm not really gonna see my non-Senior friends anymore (most of the people I hang out with are Seniors). I still like it though.
The weather is getting so nice already. From being cold and snowy, it almost suddenly jumped to being summer-like. I can wear shorts and shirts all the time, and it gets almost hot outside. I really like that because, I have to admit, the winter really got on my nerves by now. On the other hand, I don't want it to be summer. Summer means going back.

And I am NOT ready. :(

No comments: