12/30/2007

Winter Break

Nice and lazy...

So I basically spent my winter break being reaaally lazy so far. Kinda nice sometimes but I'm definitely ready to go back to school and be busy again (and I know that then I'll miss these quiet times again :D).
On Friday night I went to the movies with Gary, his friend Garrett, Randy (he's in my Precalc class) and Randy's friends Alex and... oh man, just can't remember her name. It was a difficult name. Had never heard it before.
We watched Sweeney Todd, the new Tim Burton movie.
GO SEE IT!
It is so awesome... It's a cool story and Tim Burton definitely made a masterpiece out of it. He's amazing.
Basically, the movie is about this barber in London a long time ago who had a beautiful wife and a little baby girl, then the powerful judge of the city fell in love with his wife, banned the barber into a different country or something and takes the wife and the daughter. Years later, the barber comes back to London with the fake name Sweeney Todd to have his revenge... muaaaahaha. Not telling you anything else, you have to go see it. It's scary. And creepy. And partially funny. I LOVE it. It's my new favourite movie.
Today was a lot of fun. After I had come back from church with Sheila (everybody else went to church yesterday for the 4 o'clock mass), we got ready and then we went ice-skating on one of those public ice things. I haven't been ice-skating for more then a decade ^^ so I was figuring out how to do it most of the time but still it was just a lot of fun. Later, we had a hot chocolate there and then we went back home (watching Aquamarine in the car for the 1000000000th time... well, okay, the 3rd).
Tomorrow's New Year's Eve already... that's hard to believe. Another exciting, awesome year with so many important experiences is over. Mostly, I'm looking forward to 2008 though:

I'm gonna be in the school play, have 6 more wonderful months in the US, I'll have another concert with band, we're going to Florida during spring break, I'm gonna have lots and lots of more fun experiences here, after an extremely hard saying Goodbye here I'll meet a lot of people that I miss again, I'm gonna turn 18, I'll hopefully start driver's training and get my licence back in Germany, and who knows what other surprises God will have for me in the upcoming year!

No comments: