12/12/2007

I Was Sick.

But I'm well again.

The last two days were pretty unexciting. Monday morning, when I woke up, my throat hurt and I felt kinda dizzy. It got better under the shower but afterwards, I felt even worse. So I took my temperature, realized that 100.2 Fahrenheit doesn't really tell me anything because I'm pretty much still thinking in Celsius and so I waited for Courtney to come down who then told me that the usual body temperature is like 98.6 or something like that, that I had a fever and that I should stay home. I fell asleep on the couch just were I sat and didn't wake up until Sheila woke me up to tell me she was taking the kids to school and wouldn't be home all morning but that I could call her whenever I needed anything.
I somehow managed to make some breakfast and eat it, then I fell back on the couch and slept some more. Later, I watched a movie (Marie Antoinette, it is really good), then I slept some more, then I watched Joyeux Noel (a movie about a true story in World War I where German, French and Scottish soldiers made an armistice over the holidays to celebrate christmas together, it was cool because there were actually German actors like Daniel Bruehl in it and they spoke German most of the time) and slept more. Everytime I got up to go to the bathroom or get something to drink, I couldn't really stay up long because I was so dizzy. At night after dinner, I fell asleep on the couch again and before I went to bed later, Sheila told me I should stay home the next day as well.
I didn't want to, but when I got up on Tuesday morning at 5.10 like usually, I still had problems standing and walking, so I just went back to bed. Again, I spent most of the morning sleeping, in between I watched A Nightmare Before Christmas (amazing movie, but, oh well, it's by Tim Burton so it has to be) and later Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (not that I don't know that one by heart already...)
Wednesday, I was finally ready to go back to school although I still had a headache. The day started pretty awesome: Before 1st hour, I met Keith and Katie by my locker, and Keith told me that I am in the school play! I have a small part as one of the forest Lords, that means I have about 2 or 3 lines maybe but I think I'll be on the stage a couple more times. And Mrs Ethridge is using the Lords and other small roles when she needs crowds. In Precalc I realized that I'd missed a lot in only 2 days and I didn't get what they were doing at all.
On Thursday, I wasn't in my classes again because Mr Bilen, the German teacher, had invited the two other German exchange students, Eileen (I met her for the first time yesterday) and Finja, and me to be in his classes all day to talk to his German students. It was alright, although it got really boring after a while because he gave the same sheet of questions to all of his classes. But there where a lot of fun moments, too.
After school, I went to the first drama read through. It was so much fun! The group, maybe 15 or 20 people, so not many, is just awesome. It's gonna be an amazing time until the play in April. And Keith is in the play, too! I had to skip Jazz Band for that... that made me feel really bad since I had already missed it on Monday and Tuesday but Mr Conaton was okay with it. Thursday night was also pretty cool... While Sheila, Doug and the little ones where at St Thecla for the school's christmas show and Courtney was babysitting, I stayed home to get my Precalc stuff done and after reading it again and just trying the problems, I finally got it. Actually, it's easy. I've just never done it before... but, oh well, now we started the easiest stuff ever, for some reason we're doing the first chapter of the book now. Prime numbers and sequences and stuff like that.
Today wasn't too exciting. I finally went to Jazz Band again, that was fun. I'll have to practise all my flute and piano and whatever else music this weekend a lot.

Our christmas concert is on Tuesday already!!

No comments: