12/09/2007

15 Days Til Christmas

And I don't even have all my christmas shopping done yet...

So, what exciting things happened this week?
I got a big package from my aunt and uncle Elvi and Albert filled with the YUMMIEST German chocolate, German gummy candy (Haribo) and Marzipan Kartoffeln. I LOVE those... my mom must have told them! :) Dankeschooooooen, alle und vor allem ich haben sich so sehr gefreut ;) und netterweise moegen die meisten hier Marzipan nicht so gerne, somit hab ich die Marzipan Kartoffeln fuer mich alleine :D
Jazz Band went on, and it's still fun.
Sam, a guy in band - he's not in my band class, he was in battery during marching season - , his name is Sam and I don't really know him since although battery and pit kinda hung out together a lot, I never really talked to him, well, he came up to me between 6th hour and Jazz Band in the band room one day and asked me what I wanted for christmas. I was just like well, I don't know... And he goes "I'm gonna get you something, what's your name?" and he put me down on a list ^^ Later I saw him asking other people for their christmas wishes and he told them this year, he was going to get a christmas present for everyone... oh my god, that's just crazy :D but awesome, in a way... about 2 days later he passed me in the band hallway, calling "I got you a present!"
I got my first B in Precalc, we had a quiz and I got 5 wrong (just stupid mistakes, so it bothers me a little, but, oh well, my grades don't count anyways and I know what I did wrong and won't make those mistakes on the actual test). I didn't lose my seat, though, because Mr Curtis only rearranges the seating chart after tests.
I also tried out for the school play. They are doing "As You Like It", a Shakespeare piece, in April and the try-outs were on Friday. Courtney tried out, too. Since she had cheerleading (a game) after school on Friday, we asked Mrs Ethridge whether we could try out before school. But unfortunately, we had a really stupid sub busdriver Friday morning and so we arrived at the school just in time for first hour. So we went to the auditions after school anyways and explained our situation to Mrs Ethridge. She seemed mad first, probably because we didn't tell her earlier in the day - definitely should have done that - and she said "So what do you want me to do, cancel all this for you guys??" That shocked us a little, but then we just asked her whether we might be able to try out first and that was okay. I hope I'll get a part, it would be so much fun to be in the play. I think we find out about it on Tuesday.
We were done so fast that I still made it to Jazz Band rehearsal in time. After that, I waited for Sheila and we stayed for the first half of Courtney's game. So I got to see my first High School basketball game. It was only a Freshmen game, though.
Yesterday, we made christmas cookies! Grandma Tina came over and she and Sheila got started; Courtney and I were stuck sorting Sheila's recipes first. We got them pretty organized :) After that, we helped with the cookies and made chocolate candy cane cookies.
All those cookies are reaaally yummy ;)
For dinner, a friend of Sheila, I don't know how to spell her name, came over. Later that night, when Grandma and Sheila's friend had left and everyone except me had gone to bed (I had been tired before but suddenly I was totally awake, it was weird because the tea I had had was decaf) I finished watching Step Up on some TV Channel and after that, I started watching Marie Antoinette on Starz OnDemand (some kind of menu were you can choose from a list of movies that you can watch for free), assuming that I'd get tired while watching it, then go to bed and finish it some other time; but the movie turned out to be so good that I didn't fall asleep and actually finished it. It was nice.
Today after dinner, we went to mass at St Claude's because Courtney and I had our Youth Group meeting. It was alright.
Oh, did I tell you that Doug's been gone since Monday morning? He's up North, testing the cars his company builds in the snow and ice up there. I think he'll be back by the middle of next week or something.

Alright, I'm gonna go to bed soon. Good Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huhu meine Süße,
gerade gestern habe ich im TV gesehen, wie neue Autos jeden Winter in Schweden auf dem Eis getestet werden (du erinnerst dich sicherlich noch an den sogenannten "Elch-Test"). Doug muß echt seinen Spaß haben, wenn er über die riesigen Eisflächen schlittert!
Liebe Grüße an Alle!
Hdggggggggggggggdmsl!!!!!!!!!
Mama