8/28/2007

Movie Night, Church and School

It's so warm here.

After I had finished my blog entry on Saturday, Sheila gave me a ride through the town and showed me everything. It is a very nice place to live. Compared to Jackson, they don't have many wooden houses here. Most of the houses are brick houses just like my host family's. There's Lake St. Clair pretty close to our house and at the lake, there's a nature and fun park called Metro Park. That is pretty cool. They also have a river close by, there are many stores and some malls a little further away, there's St. Thecla Catholic Church (the chuch we attend) and St. Thecla Catholic School (the school Jacob and Michaela attend, Grayson's kindergarten is also there) and of course there's L'Anse Creuse High School - Courtney's and my new school. There's also a huge military base in the area and sometimes you can hear the jets passing by.
When we got back home, Courtney who is kind of addicted to the movie 'High School Musical' and exspecially to the main actor Zack asked me wether I'd like to watch 'High School Musical 2' with her. We didn't get to finish the movie because we had dinner then and afterwards, we went to the Movie Night at Jacob's and Michaela's school.
The Movie Night was cool. I met a few of Courtney's friends and friends of the family and Courtney showed me the grounds of the school she had been attending until this summer. Walking around with her was really nice, she's a cool younger sister! Jacob won a huge water melon in a game and then the movie started. They showed 'Happy Feet'.
When we got back home, we finished 'Cinderella Story' in the car and then Courtney and I finished 'High School Musical 2'. Afterwards, we went to bed.
The next morning, we went to church. I felt a little lost because I'd never been in a Catholic mass before and so I just kept copying the things my family members did. During the mass, I suddenly felt kind of dizzy and as if I was going to faint. That was really weird and I had no idea where it came from. I went to the bathroom with Courtney to cool my hands, neck and face a little and after that, I felt much better. But back in church, the feeling started again and I had to go to the bathroom a second time.
After the mass, we stayed at the church a little longer because there was a coffee and doghnut meet and greet and Sheila volunteered there. After some lemonade and a doghnut I definitely felt better but after a while the feeling again came back and this time I actually felt sick. I hurried to the bathroom with Courtney but there the feeling faded away again. Sheila took us all home then and back home, I had some water and went to bed then.
After having slept for a couple of hours I felt way better and the feeling didn't come back again. I still don't really know where it came from. Maybe I didn't drink enough the day before. While I had been sleeping, my hostdad Doug had got home from his golfing trip with his father and brothers. So I met him for the first time when I came downstairs. He's very nice and he studied my photo album with interest later.
In the afternoon I made blackberry muffins with Courtney. Later, we had dinner and then Courtney and I watched TV. We watched 'High School Musical 1' on Disney Channel. After that, we went to bed.
Yesterday was the first day of school for Jacob and Michaela, so Sheila, Courtney, Grayson and I took them to St. Thecla Catholic School. I met some more friends of Courtney and the family there. After that, we went to L'Anse Creuse High School so that Courtney could find her locker and her classrooms. I don't have my schedule yet because my appointment for registration and picking my classes is on Wednesday but this way I already got to know the school a little. It's not as big as Jackson High which is awesome because I hopefully won't get lost there then.
Afterwards, we got backpacks for Courtney and me. I bought a white and grey one with purple stripes. It's pretty cool and cute.
Sheila dropped us off at home and went to a meeting. I played the guitar that Sheila's mom borrowed me for a while and then I played the piano. After a while Sheila came back and after her came a lot of visitors, two friends of Sheila with all their kids. One of them was Ashley, a very nice friend of Courtney. We had fun eating pizza, water melon, snacks and cookies and talking.
When everyone was gone, Courtney had the idea to look for homecoming dresses on the internet. Homecoming is on October 6th I think. It was fun to look for dresses with Courtney although we didn't exactly find anything so far but there were some really cute dresses. I'm not very sure what kind of dress I'd like to wear for homecoming.
Later that night, we had dinner and after Courtney and I had done the dishes, we watched TV downstairs in the basement.
Today not much has happened so far. Courtney will soon be home from cheerleading practise and then we'll all be going swimming somewhere. That sounds like fun.
Tomorrow is my appointment at LCHS. I'm very excited about that, I'll finally get my schedule!! School doesn't start until September 4th for Courtney and me. Tomorrow night there's a football game that Courtney cheers for I think. We'll all go there.

YAY everything's so cool!

No comments: