8/22/2007

The last day

That's it.

My last day in Germany is over.
It was kind of strange. Almost every thought I thought had the word 'last' in it. 'This is the last time I have breakfast at my house.' 'This is the last time I turn my computer on.' 'This is my last banana bought in a German supermarket.'
Some of those thoughts were stupid of course but that's just how I felt.
I met Jana, Simon and Christopher for the last time before my departure. Like all the other Goodbyes, those were also weird. It's hard to imagine that you won't see the people you usually hang out with for the next 10 months. I guess I won't be totally aware of that until I'm inside the plane.
I packed my stuff. It was easier than I thought. All the important things fit into the suitcases and the weight of the suitcases is still okay.
Tomorrow morning will be even more strange than today was. I'll have to say Goodbye to Chrissi and to my family but on the other hand I'll be meeting some of the other YFU students at the airport. And I'll soon meet my host family for the first time.
Everything's a struggle between sadness and happiness and excitement and worries...

To all of my friends and family members in Germany, I'll miss you a lot. I'll try to email and send letters to let you know I'm fine. I'll have an awesome time in Michigan and in only 10 months, I'll be back to tell you all about it!

GOODBYE!

No comments: