5/16/2008

Last Concert, Last Tests, Last Day of School

I am really starting to hate the word "last".

Our concert was good. It made me a little sad that it was our last one. Later, it made me really sad. After the concert, when we were in the lobby, Mr Hilton walked up to me, shook my hand, thanked me for playing with them, and told me that it was an honor to have me in the band. That was sooo awesome :) I was speechless for a moment.
Gary brought me home, and we got food on the way.
Sunday was Mother's Day. We went to church and then to Grandma's, where we celebrated with her, GG, Sheila's brother and his wife. We had a really yummy late breakfast and after that, some chocolate cake and some coconut cake which I had made the night before (my Mother's Day present :) ).
Then, my last week of school started.
On Tuesday, I went to Lowe's with Gary after school to get spray paint for Justin, which we then dropped off at his house (he was sleeping, so we woke him up). When we were going to leave, Gary's car didn't turn on - parked in a tactically perfect spot right in front of Justin's driveway ;) Justin's dad fixed it, the battery connection was lose. Unfortunately, Gary's car refuses to shift into park since then. So he has to shift it manually everytime.
On Wednesday, I had my U.S. history final. Haha. Fun. Again, it was the exact same questions as on the study guide, and he put the three Seniors together out in the hallway...
Yesterday, I had my Real Life Literature final. Wasn't too hard either. After school, we had a little cast reunion party with the entire play cast in Mrs Ethridge's room :) It was sooo nice to meet all the cast members again. We watched the play DVD, ate, and talked. Kyle gave me an invitation to his graduation party :)
Then, at 7 pm, was the Senior Night in the small gym. Food, partially okay live music, and announcements of the winners of the mock elections. Justin won best male artist. Surprise, surprise. Justin's the most creative person I know, who else could have won it?? Unfortunately, they didn't show the Senior Slide Show because of technical difficulties. After Senior Night, we went to Little Caesars, where we met Eric, Matt, and Garrett, and then it was time to go home.
Then, the day had come...
The last day of school.
It was somewhat awkward, because during the whole school day, it didn't feel like the last day to me. It didn't really get through to me until I got home.
Seniors were supposed to wear their gowns today. Unfortunately, I don't have mine yet. I really hope I get in on Monday, because I will really need it on Tuesday for graduation practise and the senior picture. Anyways. I took a couple pictures throughout the day, took my composition final, and in sixth hour, all the Seniors walked through the hallways in a little parade.


I will miss these people so much.
I made invitations for my goodbye party, too.
I don't want to go back :(
I'm not ready!

No comments: